Hippo Campus – The Reading Club
Our name “Hippo Campus” signifies the part of the brain which lies in the temporal lobe in the shape of a sea horse and which stores memories . We have proudly completed 8 successful reading years, and with every passing year our endeavor is to make you ‘word perfect’ .
Why is Reading Important
- Reading stimulates our brains and improves concentration.
- Reading brings awareness in the children about the world around them.
- Reading improves a child’s vocabulary and leads to better and developed language skills.
- Reading develops a child’s imagination.
- Children who read amply do better at school.
- Children who read well, tend to speak well and as a result are confident and capable of commanding an audience.
We are passionate about helping children develop love for reading . We believe that love for reading is a stepping stone to becoming an enthusiastic learner and a confident reader, writer and speaker. With confidence and curiosity, children can enjoy the wonderful world of ‘learning and exploration’.
Our Program / Our USP
- Entails a series of small programs, all aiming at cultivating reading habits and improving vocabulary.
- Our monitored reading program beginning from grade 1 to grade 5 is detailed and suitable for different aptitudes of children even within the same level.
- Our 1st graders aim at reading anywhere between 55 to 70 books in an academic year.
- Our rewarding system is a sure shot winner with our children, motivates students to read.
- Every activity undertaken by us is with an aim of honing the reading, vocabulary, spoken, and memory skills efficiently.